KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) Privacy Statement
KMBI is a faith-based Microfinance NGO duly organized under the laws of the Philippines, with principal office address at No. 12 San Francisco Street, Karuhatan, Valenzuela City, Metro Manila Philippines. Its principal purpose is to provide access to economic, financial, social and other developmental opportunities to the small cottage and micro entrepreneurial sector of society and other poor and disadvantageous sectors by providing microfinance programs relevant and responsive non-financial services, so that they may live in abundance with strengthened faith in God and in right relationships with their fellowmen and the rest of creation.
KMBI is committed to respect and protect your privacy, with appropriate mechanisms and measures to protect your personal data, including personal information and sensitive personal information. Our Privacy Statement assures our program members, officers and staff and other stakeholders that KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) complies with data privacy and protection standards set by Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act”.
KMBI offers Financial and Non-Financial Services to its clients. For Financial Services, KMBI offers the following: Group Loan, Individual Loan, Agricultural Loan, Pure-It Loan, Micro-Insurance and Capital Build Up. Meanwhile, its non-financial services are as follows: Entrepreneurial development Services, Scholarship Program, Wellness Program, Adopt-a-Day Care Program; Disaster Preparedness and response Management Program and Community Development Services.
Personal Information collected The following personal information are collected from our clients:
1. Personal contact information which includes your name, address, email address, phone number, or any other information that would allow KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) to contact you;
2. Personal contact information of your immediate family members, for certain services or programs;
3. Demographic information which includes your gender, date of birth, age, civil status, nationality, etc.;
4. Non-personal information such as those provided by your device, which may include your IP address, geolocation, operating system, browser type and version, and other machine identifiers, etc., when you access our website; and
5. Other legal and personal concerns that you referred to us for opinion, resolution, establishment of your claim, or defense of your rights.
Collection Method Your personal information may be collected, directly or indirectly, through any of the following means:
1. Forms, agreements and other similar or related documents you submitted;
2. Use and log-in to KMBI’s website when you choose to fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form;
3. When accessing KMBI’s services;
4. Communications and correspondences with our lawyers, whether in writing, verbally, or thru electronic means;
5. Footage from our CCTV cameras; and
6. Personal Information may also be obtained from third parties and other sources which have obtained your prior consent for disclosure or when KMBI is legally allowed to acquire such information.
Purpose and Use of Collected Personal Information
Your personal information is collected by KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and perform such other processing that may be required under any applicable law or regulation.
In the course of performing its services and responsibilities, KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) may engage the services of third-party service providers for purposes of research, product/program developments and publications. In doing so, certain personal information are required to be disclosed for legitimate business and other concerns and as may be necessary to provide you with our services. We will never share, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third-parties, except as otherwise stated above or unless otherwise permitted under the Data Privacy Law.
We are also a member of APPEND (Alliance of Philippine Partners in Enterprise Development, Inc.). As such, it actively participates in advocacy work of the latter, to promote the welfare of APPEND’s clientele in various settings, including but not limited to advocacy work to pass legislation promoting the interests of the entrepreneurial poor. For this purpose, it may collect personal data relevant to such advocacy, but in no case may we collect such data without your consent, or use it for purposes other than what has been disclosed to you.
Storage and Transmission of Personal Information
Organizational, physical and technical security measures are maintained, enforced and implemented at all times to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your personal information.
The security measures include, but are not limited to the following:
1. The processing of personal information is limited to the extent necessary to deliver the services offered and/or made available by us;
2. Our server is equipped with firewall, data encryption, anti-virus, and other appropriate security controls;
3. Access to personal information is restricted to authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis;
4. Appropriate security measurers are observed in office areas where personal data is stored;
5. Regular audits are conducted to ensure that personal information is secured and security controls are effective;
6. The security systems are kept up to date; and
7. Officers and staff receive training regarding the appropriate level of data privacy protection for personal data in their care and responsibility.
Your personal information is kept in a secure facility within our office premises.
Method of Use
Your personal information may be used as is or further processed solely for the purpose of performing our obligations and responsibilities to our clients.
KMBI (A Microfinane NGO) will retain your personal information until it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose/s for which it was obtained and/or for an additional period of ten (10) years thereafter. After which, the data may be anonymized and utilized solely for statistical purposes.
Rights of Data Subject
In accordance with the Data Privacy Law, KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) shall respect and uphold your rights as data subjects, including but not limited to the following: *The right to be informed. *The right to object.* The right to access * The right to data portability *The right to rectify *The right to erasure or blocking *The right to file a complaint*The right to damages.
For more information about your rights, kindly refer to National Privacy Commission’s webpage at https://privacy.gov.ph/know-your-rights/.
Should you have questions or concerns about Data Privacy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer through the following contact details:
Atty. Romel R. Bagares
(02) 373-1297 loc (206)
KMBI (A Microfinance NGO) hereby reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement to comply with government and regulatory requirements, to adapt to new technologies, to align with industry practices, or for other legitimate purposes. Rest assured that you will be notified if the amendments are significant.